Last Thursday, British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN kicked off The Book Of Souls World Tour 2016 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The first of 69 dates currently announced in 36 countries around the world!
There is now some fantastic new content that we are able to share with you from the start of the tour – in the links below.
Iron Maiden, one of the very biggest rock bands in history and renowned for their spectacular shows tour like no other band on the planet do. They have their own Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet plane piloted by their own singer, Bruce Dickinson!
Their new Boeing 747 – ‘Ed Force One’ (from band mascot Eddie of course) carries everyone on the tour party – band, crew and all their equipment. See below for some great pictures and video of their fully branded new plane, its first flights on the tour and interviews with Captain Bruce Dickinson.
Another surprise reveal and must-see is the bar-raising brand new epic 3D tour intro video.
Links are below, and the first tour reviews and unveiling of the set list are also available.
It is a timely moment then to share some incredible new content and images generated as the Book Of Souls World Tour kicks off so that your readers can get a taste of what to expect as the countdown to Captain Bruce Dickinson and Ed Force One touching down in New Zealand begins.
Flight 666 is on its way…….here come two huge nights in Auckland and Christchurch:
– BRAND NEW EPIC 3D TOUR INTRO VIDEO
– OFFICIAL WEBSITE – KEEP UP TO DATE WITH NEW CONTENT
– PHOTO GALLERY FROM FIRST SHOW IN FLORIDA
– BRUCE DICKINSON TALKS ABOUT ED FORCE ONE
– BRUCE DICKINSON MEETS THE NEW ED FORCE ONE
– BOEING 747 ‘ED FORCE ONE’ DEPARTS CARDIFF – FLIGHT 666 WITH CAPTAIN BRUCE DICKINSON
– ED FORCE ONE LANDS AT FORT LAUDERDALE INTERNATIONAL
– BRUCE DICKINSON PRESS CONFERENCE AFTER JUST LANDING ED FORCE ONE IN FORT LAUDERDALE
– PRE-TOUR INTERVIEW WITH BRUCE DICKINSON – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ED FORCE ONE
NEW ZEALAND TOUR DATES:
Friday 29 April – Horncastle Arena – Christchurch – www.ticketek.co.nz
Sunday 1 May – Vector Arena – Auckland – www.ticketmaster.co.nz
– The new Ed Force One will transport band, crew and over 12 tons of equipment across 6 of the 7 continents of the world.
– The band will visit around 35 countries on this tour, flying over 55 thousand miles (88,500km) including first ever visits to China and El Salvador.
– Bruce has now qualified as a 747 pilot, trained at Cardiff Aviation, an aircraft maintenance facility he owns in Wales.
– Ed Force One has once again been customised on the outside with the Iron Maiden logo and new album art decals. As the 747 is so huge, only minimal modifications were needed to the interior as all the equipment and production can be carried in the hold without modifying the plane for freight.